Saturday 19 December 2015

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup - Review

Where has this Photoshop in a bottle been all my life?  Where?
I'd read some reviews on this on the Debenhams website but you know, I've learned, as have many of you I'm sure, that high expectations often lead to disappointment due to the fact that everyone's skin and preferences vary so much!  Well, in this case, I was not disappointed!!  
I literally only got this yesterday, and I just had to write about it!  It can't wait!

First of all, can we all just take a moment to appreciate how aesthetically pleasing the packaging is!?
Seriously?  And, even though it looks like a heavy glass bottle, it's not, it's super lightweight and has a pump dispenser.  


Now, there's quite a bit to cover about the foundation itself!
I got mine in the shade 0.5 which, according to the lady at the counter, is the lightest pink undertoned shade.  I wasn't sure if it would be a perfect match because it looked that much lighter than the shade 1.0, but once again I just didn't realise how pale I really am (not that I'm complaining, because if bleaching beds were a thing, I would be all up in that!) and it turned out to be a perfect match!  It blends into my neck seamlessly.  I think I may have hyperventilated when I first put it on!  Ha, ha!!


The formula itself is just so fluid and lightweight that you can literally apply this whatever way you like.  I still used a stippling brush as they're my favourite, and it applied absolutely beautifully.
I look for a couple of things in a foundation, and this passed all the tests with flying colours!

1. It didn't make the pores on my nose look demonic (a common problem), in fact, they were GONE.

2. This foundation is so fluid that I brought it up around my eyes instead of using a concealer, and it didn't settle into any fine lines at all throughout the day!

3. It covered all my freckles and any small blemishes without any issues.

4. I like full coverage foundation, and while I would classify this as medium coverage,  it is definitely buildable. 1 1/2 - 2 pumps is what I used and I was more than ecstatic with the result.

I applied mine over moisturiser only because, as I said in my previous post, I'm not the biggest fan of primers, I don't feel like they do much, and I wanted to see how well this foundation fared throughout the day with no extra "help" anyway, and it truly did not disappoint. 
 I felt like I was walking around with a Photoshop filter in front of my face all day!

I know the lighting isn't great, but in Ireland it's dark by like 5pm now, so all I had to work with was artificial light.  But this is what my foundation looked like after a good 8 hours of wear having endured a  hot, stuffy house party and then a cold evening breeze.


I took the photo at this angle so you can see how matte my nose, cheek and forehead still look.  For someone who would normally be shining bright like a diamond at that point, this is amazing. 

A couple of things to note are:

I definitely recommend you apply a good moisturiser underneath this if you're on the drier side because, it can and will cling to dry patches, but not in a horrendous "mouse formula foundation" kind of way.

If you're on the oilier side, I think this is still a good foundation for you.  I set my T-zone (which always becomes infuriatingly shiny throughout the day!) with a very light dusting of my No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder, and it lasted all day without any touchups and it didn't slide off and I didn't blind any cars with the reflection of my nose in their headlights on the way home!

Also, this is a water-based foundation, so silicone based primers mightn't be the greatest idea, as it will more than likely just encourage the foundation to slip and slide all over the place as the day goes on.


Now that I've tried this and seen just how amazing it is, I'm really thinking about snatching up the Naked Skin Concealer.  Have any of you tried it?  Is it amazing?  And most importantly, does it crease around the eyes??  Let me know!  

If you want to see some eye looks I've been wearing, stuff I've been buying, other random stuff or check in tomorrow to see this foundation freshly applied (in natural daylight this time), follow me on Instagram by clicking here!

If you've any other questions about the foundation, let me know!

Chat to ye all soon!
Shiv xx


No comments:

Post a Comment